Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!



I'm a day late posting this but I thought I'd go ahead and post a few ideas so that you can use them next year.  You can never be too prepared right??  These are the cards that my girls passed out this year in class.  I had them press printed at the place I get my photos developed and they are 5x7 front and back.  They were super easy to put together because they are templates sold by Madison Ave Photography.  I think she created these maybe two  years ago?  Not sure f she still sells them but if she does go find yourselves the set.  They are too cute and they even come with booksmarks that you could make for the class to coordinate with the cards.  Fun!

Izzy and Emily both had parties in their classes yesterday and both of them were keeping it pretty simple with small snacks.  I was scrambling last minute to find something fun to send with Izzy to school.  Luckily I check out Jessica's post over at Little Pumpkin Grace, one of my favorite blogs, and she had posted an idea she found on pinterest.  Target was selling these cute bubbles with heart tops in all sorts of fun Valentine colors. Of course I couldn't find them at 4 pm the day before Valentine's Day!  I remembered seeing some white ones at Hobby Lobby before in the wedding section so we headed there and found a pack of 36 and on SALE!  Ding ding!

I printed these on cardstock, forgot to add a pretty colored border but no redoing that last minute, and I sewed on embroidery floss to the them.  Tied tubes of bubbles to the cards and we had an instant little inexpensive gift to go with the cards.

For Emily's class we bought inexpensive coloring books and I tied on packs of crayons.  I figured parents have enough of candy and it seems like we ended up with more sweets than Halloween!  I know I always appreciate a good book or coloring book to take with us to restaurants and in the car.
38 presents all ready to go! and it didn't take too much time to put together.

Of course Izzy didn't decide to tell me that she was allowed free dress day until 8 pm that night as she was going to bed.  I had already planned on having Emily wear a little deco jean set made long ago by ribbons and ruffle boutique that Izzy modeled and has since been passed down to Emily.  Some may say why make a new outfit, just send her to school but the guilt of sewing all these Valentine dresses for my customers and not for my own children ate at me.  I ended up making a coordinating outfit for Izzy.

Oh, and those of your who have been interested in lunches I did do a small themed lunch knowing she was going to have a big snack during their party that day.  Here it is.

I hope all of your had a special Valentine's day surrounded by those you love most!

No comments:

Post a Comment